Lenaribka

Lenaribka

"We should read to give our souls a chance to luxuriate."

~Henry Miller

Home Again

Home Again - Cardeno C., Jeff Gelder Audible

2,5 stars.

What I liked:
* The beginning, it was mysterious and thrilling. Even when I already guessed in what direction the story would go, I found it NOT boring at all. At the beginning.

* The flashback. The switching between the present and the past, between Noah's and Clark's POVs let the whole story appeared kinda three-dimensional. Normally I am not a big fan of constantly changing POVs, but here it provided the variety and the diverse possibilities of the narration, IMO.

* The narrator. (I'm talking about the audio book.) It was my first Jeff Gelder and he made a nice job. Actually thanks his uncomplicated style the endless number of "angel" and "sweetheart" didn't course a tic doloureux by me, but only a light eye roll when I heard it the 300th time.

What I didn't like:
* The explanation for Noah's mistake is the most stupid one I could ever imagined. But I understand- it was the shortest possible way to drama that seemed to be a target aim of the story. Even if it was the most illogical one.

* The second half of the book. It started like a solid 4 stars for me and ended between 0 and 1stars. I had an impression that author totally lost control over the characters and the story itself. Everything went down, very rapidly. It became melodramatic, kitschy and overly sentimental. Very pity.

* SEX. Too much BORING SEX + INSTA-LOVE!!! HEEEEELP!!!!
And what was suddenly THAT about -"You'll come when I say you CAN"?!
Let us push quickly a bit of a control kink into the love story to cheer up the "angel" and "sweetheart" repetitions?!

Though I have to admit Jeff Gelder performed "Ahh" &"Ohhh" lovely.

I know, I would have never ever managed to finish this book if I had to READ it, but I managed to finish it as an audio version!
Viva Jeff! *applause*

I'd recommend it ONLY as an audio book when you are in the mood for a light melodramatic instalove mainstream MM romance with a HEA.

3,5 stars for the beginning
1 stars for the second half
0,5 stars as a bonus for an audio book.