Lenaribka

Lenaribka

"We should read to give our souls a chance to luxuriate."

~Henry Miller

In and Out

In and Out - L.B. Gregg

Audible + ebook

Rounded up to 4 stars

I don't know if I would have enjoyed this book more or maybe even less if I had had enough time to read it in one sitting. But the previous week was pretty busy for me, and I needed almost 5 days to finish the 150-pages-long book, in spite of the fact that I tried to speed up my reading progress switching between the audio and the ebook.

*** I have a weak spot for writers, as a MC. And Holden, a 40 year old wealthy, sarcastic and eccentric, openly gay, agoraphobic writer with a weak spot for cooking, single, who has been trapped in his house for several months after a painful separation, and who finds himself charming and funny, fits perfectly in my favourite book characters.

*** Add a young attractive gardener with a difficult family background, who is sort of literal because he doesn't understand when people are kidding or making jokes, and who is not actually in the closet but who is totally unaware of his sexuality and utterly innocent, because non-verbal language is foreign to him.

*** And a dead body in the backyard of this huge house, the hub of all main activities.

*** Add HOT sex scenes, funny dialogues and you have it.

The best instalment for me in the series until now.