Lenaribka

Lenaribka

"We should read to give our souls a chance to luxuriate."

~Henry Miller

Last Days of Summer
Steve Kluger

Lucky Days

Lucky Days - Marshall Thornton *** Spoiler-free!***

I think I'll pick an audio book for my next read. It was a reading marathon through the night (with a short pause for a bothersome need like sleeping), my eyes are exhausted - I had a busy working week, the first one after holidays – but...Do I need to explain anything?!

Who wouldn't have done the same?!
It is the book #9 of Boystown series series, FGS! We are entre nous. We know what we want and what we can expect but the most important thing - we know WHY. And I assure you, [b:Lucky Days|32882877|Lucky Days (Boystown, #9)|Marshall Thornton|https://images.gr-assets.com/books/1478450663s/32882877.jpg|53495848] WAS WORTH THE WAIT.

I have a LOT of feelings about this book, I HIGHLIGHTED a lot, and I promise to do my best not to spoil ANYTHING for you in my review. You'll read this sequel and you'll enjoy it, I just know it. Period.

[b:Lucky Days|32882877|Lucky Days (Boystown, #9)|Marshall Thornton|https://images.gr-assets.com/books/1478450663s/32882877.jpg|53495848] is for me the most complex installment in the series:

There are 3 cases that Nick are involved into.

The main case is Jimmy English trail that starts, it occupies the main part in this book. And even if Nick doesn't make the rules here, he plays one of the main ( if not the main) role here. Let me reveal the precise details - he is NOT amused about it. The second case reminds of Nick's previous cases, a gay customer needs his services as a private investigator and the third one is more of the private nature in that he is involved rather emotionally than factually(and is very tiny from Nick's attention, but it is THERE).

There are many secondary characters. (Especially in regard to Jimmy English trail.)

Don't worry though - the author leads his readers very skillfully through the jungle of names. I have to admit that I didn't know IMMEDIATELY who was who in SOME situations, but before I had decided to pick up the previous sequel to refresh my memories and started to seek for the names, I got my explanation from the author out of the context that followed.

[b:Lucky Days|32882877|Lucky Days (Boystown, #9)|Marshall Thornton|https://images.gr-assets.com/books/1478450663s/32882877.jpg|53495848] has more than ONE sub-genre.
We have a COURT DRAMA, a RUN-AWAY-ROAD-MOVIE, a crime investigation a là Nick Nowak (you know this typical for Nick ones, we know from previous books, asking questions-> making conclusions), and yes, a GAY ROMANCE(that doesn't take up a lot of space in this book, but it doesn't mean automatically LESS INTENSITY, just the opposite), no I won't add GAY EROTICA, there are not TOO MANY sex scenes, and I LOVE THEM, but SEX is a delicious addition to the plot and not the opposite.

I don't need to praise the writing(We are entre nous, remember?), we all know that [a:Marshall Thornton|3000192|Marshall Thornton|https://images.gr-assets.com/authors/1263196997p2/3000192.jpg] is an AMAZING WRITER. With a SPECIAL talent for dialogues (no one can do it better!), but not only. He is the best in writing the best ENDING. You know, the one that leaves you with tears in your eyes (because it is soooo emotional and touching), that doesn't piss you off (because he doesn't do mean cliffhangers), but the one that leaves you craving for more.

Overall, I really loved this book. It has everything I enjoy: a dramatic tension, a very clever mystery, an emotional part and....IT HAS NICK. Marshall Thornton gave me somebody I don't want to live without. He gave me something I want to have AS LONG AS POSSIBLE. Marshall Thornton amazes me with his ideas again and again. And I just can't have enough of this series=I just can't have enough of Nick.

*Copy provided by the author in exchange for an honest review*