Lenaribka

Lenaribka

"We should read to give our souls a chance to luxuriate."

~Henry Miller

Steve Kluger

Two Hearts

Two Hearts - Alfred E. Mulder, David O'Connor
3,5 stars rounded up

No matter what one faced in life, as long as their heart beat, tomorrow always came.

This book gives an answer to the question:

do kindness and compassion really come from the organ that pumps blood through arteries and veins, or is it part of one's intellect, from the brain, the mind, perhaps?

You may not like the answer, but it is not an axiom. It is an authors' version and they did it beautifully. My scientific side rejects to accept it, but my poetic-romantic side truly believes it.

I don't consider this novel as a paranormal genre. It is a bit of science fiction, a bit of dreaming about a possibility to...change a future to someone's best.

I enjoyed it thoroughly - even if there were parts that were controversial and not that smooth as the others, even if the original idea was not totally new. The fact I read it ALMOST in one sitting, with only 5 hours pause for a sleep, speaks for itself.

An inventive unusual story-line, moving and lyric, with wonderful characters and well written. Totally my kind of book.

***Copy provided by Less Than Three Press via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review***