Lenaribka

Lenaribka

"We should read to give our souls a chance to luxuriate."

~Henry Miller

Steve Kluger

Fragile Brilliance: A Ronan McCullough Novel

Fragile Brilliance: A Ronan McCullough Novel - Eliot Parker
Rounded up to 3 stars.

Ronan McCullough against the world.

Well, [b:Fragile Brilliance: A Ronan McCullough Novel|27306800|Fragile Brilliance A Ronan McCullough Novel|Eliot Parker|https://d.gr-assets.com/books/1446996284s/27306800.jpg|47358337] is a book that my hubby could pretty enjoy if it were a movie. Because it falls in the category of action thrillers, his favorite genre, where a strong stand-alone hero fights the battle against Evil and wins it at the end. Applause.

Ronan McCullough is our good guy here, even if not all his colleges cops got it.

One night Ronan occurred to be in the wrong place at the wrong time or, quite the opposite - who could save Charleston from this dangerous new synthetic drug krok(a very disgusting thing) instead of?!- and after that night Ronan happened to be ALWAYS at the right place at the right time- because if he wouldn't, then who could save the city from its bad destiny ?!

But not only Ronan occurred to be in the right/wrong place at the right/wrong time- depends on- but all other members of his family seemed to have a special talent to be in the r/w place at the r/w time: his life partner Ty, who works as a nurse in the Charlston Area MercyHospital, his nephew Nick who run away from home to join his uncle, his homophobic sister Melissa who came for his son from Miami. They all suddenly occurred to be in the middle of local drugs war, because they continuously crossed the paths of bad guys.

Unfortunately there was a whole baggage of them here. But luckily they had a discrepancy in regard of money and loyalty, it is why they unintentionally made the job of the police easier killing each other. Don't be pleased too early: OF COURSE there were unsympathetic cops that put obstacles in Ronan-our-stand-alone-man's way. *boo!*

Though as it should - our hero and all his family members would survive and all conflicts would be solved.

It was an entertaining read, but I think this book could have been much better if it had been a bit shorter and hadn't been overcrowded with secondary characters and if the author hadn't payed too much attention to unnecessary details. Too many details were annoying, too many secondary characters were distracted, and superfluous descriptions of action scenes, that went pages over pages were rather confusing for my taste.

[b:Fragile Brilliance: A Ronan McCullough Novel|27306800|Fragile Brilliance A Ronan McCullough Novel|Eliot Parker|https://d.gr-assets.com/books/1446996284s/27306800.jpg|47358337] is a kind of book that is better to watch than to read. IMO.

***ARC of [b:Fragile Brilliance: A Ronan McCullough Novel|27306800|Fragile Brilliance A Ronan McCullough Novel|Eliot Parker|https://d.gr-assets.com/books/1446996284s/27306800.jpg|47358337] provided to Gay Book Reviews by the author, in exchange for an honest review.