Lenaribka

Lenaribka

"We should read to give our souls a chance to luxuriate."

~Henry Miller

Steve Kluger

Clinch

Clinch - Martin Holmén, Henning Koch
4,5 stars!

WARNING: This book is not romance.
It is very interesting, unusual and highly recommended gay mystery.

I think, I have never read anything more visually noir before!

[a:Martin Holmén|6365004|Martin Holmén|https://d.gr-assets.com/authors/1455184422p2/6365004.jpg] belongs to the biggest surprises of this year for me.

Stockholm in 1932. Swedish noir? Oh yes, please! It looks like the author wrote his debut novel with an old city map. I wish I could follow places, streets, names. (It's time to visit Stockholm.)
The settings are fantastic.

The plot:
Harry Kvist, an ex boxer, makes for living from collecting debts from the private persons.

Mostly it is just a bicycle business, but from time to time he has occasional job that brings good moneys. Like the one with Zetterberg. If Harry manages to collect two thousand kronor and sent money within five days, he can keep fifteen per cent. Everything seems to go according to plan: after ex boxer has taught Zetterberg a lesson in paying debts, he has just to come back next day and collect the money. The only problem is- Zetterberg has been murdered shortly after Kvist left his apartment and Harry Kvist is considered the prime suspect. There are two witnesses who can be his alibi: Sonja ,a bowlegged whore, with who he has a conversation, and a joyrider in a black sports car. But Harry has been already taken twice for the eighteenth paragraph, the antihomosexual paragraph. So, the young man is not an option. To clear himself of any suspicion he has to find Sonja.
Only he is not the only one who looks for her.

The mystery part is great, it spirals all the way through, with unexpected twists and turns, with a brilliantly thought-out ending, and is a good starting point for the future thrilling adventure of Harry Kvist. Because it is supposed to be a trilogy!

I'm definitively looking forward to reading more about this butch ex-boxer who beams with power and sexappeal.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

**Copy provided by the Publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review**