Lenaribka

Lenaribka

"We should read to give our souls a chance to luxuriate."

~Henry Miller

Steve Kluger

Strings Attached

Strings Attached - Nick Nolan, Luke Daniels

Audible

I decided to mark my audio books with an extra sign, because I don't want to mislead you.
As I've noticed, audio books that I enjoyed make often a different impression on my GR friends when they pick up an eBook after reading my review. No, it is not an excuse for loving a book, that someone might not, but just an attempt to explain that I have other criteria in rating an audio book, comparing to an eBook. A good audio book is for me 60% a plot and 40% a performance.

And [b:Strings Attached|108296|Strings Attached (Tales from Ballena Beach, #1)|Nick Nolan|https://d2arxad8u2l0g7.cloudfront.net/books/1388518659s/108296.jpg|104356] had all my attention during listening to it. Yes, thanks to a terrific narration by [a:Luke Daniels|2978188|Luke Daniels|https://d2arxad8u2l0g7.cloudfront.net/authors/1331514576p2/2978188.jpg]. He created a wonderful movie in my head, that had everything I needed to enjoy it. Let me say so: it started like a family drama, changed to Disney sweet tale, and then turned suddenly into a thriller, with a mystery part, that normally would make me roll my eyes. But here it was just about right. I totally bought it and ate up without hesitation. A poor boy who suddenly became a rich boy, whose life changed from one day to another, but who kept his heart at the right side.

A charming, sweet, quick pacing and multifaceted story-line, well-developed characters, many touching moments, not without a Disney influence, and an excellent narrating. What do you need more?!