Lenaribka

Lenaribka

"We should read to give our souls a chance to luxuriate."

~Henry Miller

Goliath: A Thriller
Shawn Corridan, Gary Waid
Last Days of Summer
Steve Kluger

Whiteout (Seasons of Love) (Volume 1)

Whiteout (Seasons of Love) (Volume 1) - Elyse Springer
I don't think that in our RL we very often have to deal with amnesia, but it seems to be a very popular topic in books, especially in romance books. I personally don't LIKE the stories where a couple has to prove to themselves that their INITIAL choice, the choice they made BEFORE whatever caused whosever's memory loss, was the right one. We love people not because they are sexy and have a good body, beautiful eyes or cute dimples, but because they are part of our memories and, thus, of our lives. What remains if all these memories are gone? But I don't plan to be that philosophical. Shortly: I can enjoy a novel with a light amnesia. And here we have a nice LIGHT amnesia case.

[b:Whiteout|32195634|Whiteout (Seasons of Love, #1)|Elyse Springer|https://images.gr-assets.com/books/1476785017s/32195634.jpg|52837498] starts very slow. Noah Landers wakes up in a cabin of Colorado, in the middle of nowhere, with a headache, without knowing who he is and what's going on, and a very attractive stranger by his bed calls him baby. His name is Jason O’Reilly, and he is his partner, as he tells Noah later. They are here to celebrate their first Christmas together, and Noah slipped while shoveling snow and hit his head badly. That explains his memory loss.

And here is our starting point:

A heavy snowstorm that makes impossible for a doctor to come, and for Jason to bring Noah in the hospital.

An older sexy partner who rejects to give Noah any information about ANYTHING, because he follows the recommendations of the doctor, whom he contacts regularly via telephone, not to give too much away, and let the patient to remember everything on his own.

Noah, who starts to be suspicious. (Who won't?)

Jason who is overprotected and head over heels in love with Noah. The last one is difficult to oversee.

As I began to get bored with Jason's feeding and nursing Noah and his care treatments, Noah's memories started to come back, bit by bit. And from this point the story became MORE interesting and intriguing. The moment I thought I knew where it would go, it made suddenly an unexpected twist and went in a totally different from my presumption direction. And from this point its development increased the pace.

It is a nice love story, or better to say, a nice love tale. It kept my attention FROM this twist up to the very end. I have to commend the author for it. I'm also sure that this book/series will find a lot of fans.

My personal problems that prevent me from rating it higher:

The writing. I find it not good enough for giving this novel more stars.

The main characters. I have to admit, I wanted to know how their story would end, but I didn't really care about them. I think, it was the writing that didn't let me get closer to them. I didn't buy Jason's obsession with Noah. And I found the second characters also flat and boring.

One more reason for my rating: I'm not going to read more of this series. I am not interested in the persons that will appear in the next sequels. Maybe I'll try something else by this author in the future, but I'm not sure.

All in all: An interesting amnesia version, a sweet love tale, with a touching HEA, for all readers whose favorite genre is a Contemporary MM Romance.

***Copy provided by Riptide Publishing via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review***