Lenaribka

Lenaribka

"We should read to give our souls a chance to luxuriate."

~Henry Miller

Last Days of Summer
Steve Kluger

Bite Night

Bite Night - Clare London

I think I enjoy my Christmas short novels, if they make me laugh out LOUD. Or at least make me smile.
I don't expect a big surprise from them, and it is almost impossible to make them unpredictable.
But it is also not THIS kind of books to rack your brain about the ending, right?

This one made me smile, more than once, and it is a good sign.
I'm not a big fan of a paranormal genre, but in a small dose I can cope with it pretty well.
And the idea of Santa called on this unusual trio - a vampire, a werewolf and a sprite- for the late shift, because the Union Chief-Elves and Gnomes Division called his workers out on strike and he himself can't visit everywhere on one night, can he? Think of logistics. (HOW CUTE IS THAT?!) Finally, someone has to bring kids their Christmas gifts!

To tell the truth, I don't remember why in one of the last houses that this hilarious trio entered, a sweet guy, Benny, who was babysitting, suddenly SAW them- they were supposed to be invisible for humans- but I don't care.

Benny oohed and aahed uninvited housebreakers, mostly of course Irwin, and didn't show not EVEN a tiny trace of angst, just the opposite, and went almost straight to the point...

Irwin was excited and I pleased.

The end.

*** Copy provided to Gay Book Reviews by the publisher in exchange for an honest review***