Lenaribka

Lenaribka

"We should read to give our souls a chance to luxuriate."

~Henry Miller

Steve Kluger
And the Band Played On
Randy Shilts, Victor Bevine

Goodbye Paradise

Goodbye Paradise - Sarina Bowen, Teddy Hamilton, Dake Bliss imageAudibleheadphones_icon_1

I got this audio book as a gift and to tell the truth, I didn't even check what this book was about when I started it. According to the title I assumed it was a holiday MM romance, where two MCs got to know each other during their vacation on an exotic island. Yes, if you know me, you'll understand what I mean.

image

But who wants to look a gift horse too closely in the mouth?

Now I have to confess - I'm glad I listened to it and this book positively surprised me in many ways:

image I avoid ON PURPOSE books with organized religion. And even if I pick up the one, because I got tempted by all the excited reviews, it is very often a DNF case for me. It is so faaaar from my views of life!. These books make me not just sad, but mostly angry: I loathe all servants of God who uses religion as an instrument to gain their benefit and for lobotomizing helpless people. [b:Goodbye Paradise|34198964|Goodbye Paradise (Hello Goodbye, #1)|Nealy Wagner|https://images.gr-assets.com/books/1486542431s/34198964.jpg|44640142]
image Though it is one of a few books with a organized religion topic that I actually enjoyed. Probably because the colony's every day life was not a man focus of the story, but only as a starting point of it.

image I am not a fan of a changing POV. To take two different narrators to present the story was a big risk. I can imagine that some listeners could have problems with this audio-book.

image but I found it nicely done. And my initial thoughts (WTF?!WHY FGS?!) faded away as the story proceeded.

image I don't like kids in my MM romance books. More even I don't like to read about a couple that wants to have babies. To read about a VERY YOUNG couple having this conversation is even more weird.

imageBut it matches the story-line here. And it harmonized with the character of Joshua. It was touching how he could handle a child, he is a natural born child carer. And even if I had some eye-rolls moments on this case, I totally bought it.

image I don't enjoy extensive sex scenes. I swear, I did it when I first started to read MM romance. It was so new and fascinating- detail sex, what could be better? An interesting plot of course. This book HAS for my test too many extensive sex description and too many dirty talks for those two sex-newbie.

imageBut thank God, it is also a story here, and though I could forgo erotica aspect here, I can live with it.

And strangely enough, it all fits together.
image

All in all, it is a sweet full of heart and hope, enjoyable romance with a satisfying HEA.

There is one more thing I'd like to mention in my review:
We live in a world where we are constantly bombarded by negative news from every angle.

But

imageThe world is much better than we think.
imageThere are so many wonderful people who can help when we need help.
imageWhat an amazing progress people make when they are allowed to be free.