Lenaribka

Lenaribka

"We should read to give our souls a chance to luxuriate."

~Henry Miller

And the Band Played On
Randy Shilts, Victor Bevine

And It Came to Pass

And It Came to Pass - Laura  Stone DNF at 35%

It was my second book by the author, and I was really sure I would like it. Because I enjoyed her previous book, and I knew that Laura Stone was a good writer + the rating for this book was good, but unfortunately [b:And It Came to Pass|33819190|And It Came to Pass|Laura Stone|https://images.gr-assets.com/books/1483892096s/33819190.jpg|54735993] didn't work for me at all.

After struggling through Mormon's mentality I had to quite at 35%. Maybe I left the best of the plot unread, but...the subject, the worries of those two guys were so far from my field of interests, like thousands light years away!.. I've developed a strong aversion against all kinds of brainwashing. Two eighteen old Mormon guys spend their spare time with the philosophical questions about the Church and the principles of the Gospel instead of, for example, to question the political situation in the world or talking about football or something else more interesting. Pages after pages, after pages. I read the the Author's note in the beginning: Laura Stone knows the subject not from the research, but because she grew up in this system. I appreciate what she did and does, but I simply doesn't belong to a target audience.

I'm not religious, but I have many friends who believe and I normally enjoy books with a religion topic, they help to broaden my mind on the matter. But with this one I was bored to death.

***Copy provided kindly by the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review***