Lenaribka

Lenaribka

"We should read to give our souls a chance to luxuriate."

~Henry Miller

Steve Kluger
And the Band Played On
Randy Shilts, Victor Bevine

The History of Bees

The History of Bees - Maja Lunde, Diane Oatley Let see it as a coincidence: a big egg insecticide scandal in Germany that has spread to food stores across Europe, "emissionsgate", Trump's energy policy and me, reading [b:The History of Bees|32920292|The History of Bees|Maja Lunde|https://images.gr-assets.com/books/1485795323s/32920292.jpg|45708705]. Actually I can add many other scandals to this list, those that are happening because of our reckless behavior or indifferent attitude to flora and fauna, those that lead to damage which can never be made good.

The History of Bees is a book about bees. One could guess. It is Well not really. But it is so clever framed, so beautifully told that it is impossible not TO think about what will we leave to our future generation.

We follow the stories of three different families living in three different periods of time: in the past, in the present and in the future. Three different fates, three different lives, three different places, three different social backgrounds. cultures, mentality. There is a connection between all these fates, but which one? It couldn't be only bees, it has to be more.

You won't get the answer up to the end. Truly clever solved. I had many theories and partly I was right, but still I had a WOW-moment waiting for me.

What I really enjoyed, along with a melancholically beautiful way of telling, an enthralling story with an unusual building and interesting characters was a strong feeling of hope.
A single, unifying feeling: hope. And this is a good thing.

Very recommended.

***Copy provided kindly by the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review***