Lenaribka

Lenaribka

"We should read to give our souls a chance to luxuriate."

~Henry Miller

Last Days of Summer
Steve Kluger

Something Like Autumn

Something Like Autumn - Jay Bell

3,5 stars. And I'm very generous.

I loved this book up to 60%. And then I stopped to love it.

There are probably several things that went wrong for us, I mean me and the book.

◆ I have read recently Memorizing You and [b:Superhero|19007315|Superhero|Eli Easton|https://d202m5krfqbpi5.cloudfront.net/books/1385582153s/19007315.jpg|25598041] by [a:Eli Easton|7020231|Eli Easton|https://d202m5krfqbpi5.cloudfront.net/authors/1384702193p2/7020231.jpg] that I LOVED A LOT. It won't be that easily to find a YA-book that can impress me as much as these both books.

◆ I don't know HOW important was for the plot to know the previous sequels. I've read that it could be read as a stand alone. I didn't have an impression I was missing something, not at all, but maybe it was important to feel more connected to the main characters.

◆ I've read a spoiler that was very important for the story BEFORE I was through the middle of the book. It was my fault but it ruined a surprise moment for me.

I loved Victor. And I didn't feel the same about Ben. But Victor was gone at 60%. Forever. I lost my interest in the story after.

◆ The book was hard to put down, I wanted to know what would happen next, but it was more like the soap opera that you have watched long enough to keep your attention on it but that was not powerful enough to fall BADLY in love with it.

If you enjoy YA-Genre and first of all MM-YA-Genre I would recommend this book.
It could be your book of the year.
I can easily imagine it.
You should just give it a chance.

And I'd like to read more of [a:Jay Bell|3456705|Jay Bell|https://d202m5krfqbpi5.cloudfront.net/authors/1381908153p2/3456705.jpg].
That is for sure.