Lenaribka

Lenaribka

"We should read to give our souls a chance to luxuriate."

~Henry Miller

Murder on the Mountain - Jamie Fessenden

3,3 stars.

I like mystery.

image

A gay mystery belongs to my favourite genre. I don't read exclusively mysteries but every time I pick up a new book about an attractive DETECTIVE/PI/FBI-CIA AGENT etc. who investigates a mysterious murder is like coming home for me.

image

I enjoy the writing of Jamie Fessenden. He always provides the right mixture of a thrilling plot and a romantic love story.

A mystery+Jamie Fessenden! What else could I want?

image

Though as an old hand, I have my preference for murder mystery and thriller books:
I'm not a big fan of amateur sleuths and wannabe detectives.
I prefer to deal with professionals.

We had a cop here, even two: Kyle Dubois, a widowed state police detective, and his partner, Wesley Roberts. But they both didn't play a big role in the investigation. The main job did Jesse Morales, a recent college grad who aspired to be a mystery writer and who found the missing young tourist Stuart Warren. DEAD.

Though I don't want to spoil you a reading pleasure with my complainings.

If you look for an unpredictable mystery
I had no idea up to the end WHO was it, I had my suspicious but they were wrong!

If you want a tense slow-build romance
The romance part between Kyle Dubois and Jesse Morales was nicely written and pretty hot!

I don't want to bother you further with my personal issues, it was me, not the book. So...just read it.

You should read it.