Lenaribka

Lenaribka

"We should read to give our souls a chance to luxuriate."

~Henry Miller

Shawn Corridan, Gary Waid
Last Days of Summer
Steve Kluger

Objects in the Rearview Mirror

Objects in the Rearview Mirror - F.E. Feeley Jr.

It's the second book in the series Memoirs of the Human Wraiths but you can read the both books as a stand-alone.

I've mentioned already that PRN doesn't belong to my regular genre, but it doesn't mean I can't enjoy a good written haunting paranormal book. And here the writing and characterizations grabbed me from the start.

I wouldn't identify Objects in the Rearview Mirror as exclusively paranormal story. Yes, there are ghosts here and a haunted house is the setting for the book.

But it is not the main message of the book IMO.
And even if I risk to sink in the melodramatic sentimentality, I'd like to claim that it is in the first place a true love story.

"Please don't ever let me go," Jonathan whispered.
Eddie wrapped his arms around him and drew him closer.
"Never. Hey. Look at me," Eddie said, Jonathan tilted his head up, and Eddie gave him a gentle smile. "Never. I'll always be here."

We met the main characters at the time when many books normally end.
"The prince married his love and they lived happily ever after."

Writer Jonathan David and his husband, clinical psychologist Dr. Eddie Dorman started their new life as a couple in their new house in a small town Clay Center, Kansas. They wanted to enjoy thier married country life in a beautiful house with a nice neighbourhood. But things didn't go according to plan.

Objects in the Rearview Mirror is less a haunting paranormal novel but in the first place a powerfully written psychological drama of child abuse, painful memories, burdensome experiences and how love can help to overcome the horrors of the past and to win the fears. To overcome the ghosts.

It was my second book of F.E. Feeley Jr. and I liked it even more than the first book. He has a very smooth and flowing writing style that perfectly matches with me!

Objects in the Rearview Mirror has also a tragic parallel story that made me very sad, though I was emotionally satisfied at the end.

The author did a great job. Highly recommended.

***I would like to thank the author for providing me with a review copy in exchange for my fair and honest review.***